ShareWhere,com ("ShareWhere") takes your privacy very seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with ShareWhere's Service (as defined in ShareWhere's Terms of Service.
What Personal Information Does ShareWhere Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/ or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, ShareWhere automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. ShareWhere only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone, nor will we ever. ShareWhere may share your Personal Information only as described below. The default user settings in place on ShareWhere give you complete control over who can see your future events. Your friends will have access to your profile information and any events that are not marked as “Invite Only”. All ShareWhere users will have access to events that are created as “Public”.
- Friends: Your "friends" can see the location and time of each of your events, check-ins, first an last name, email, phone number, photo, hometown, links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your ShareWhere account), and a list of your friends. Individuals with access to this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in your profile (location or otherwise) that you create in the Service.
- Partners: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they must provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Information Shared with Everyone: One of the primary reasons people use ShareWhere is to share events with others. Information such as your name and photo, your hometown, and a list of your friends is shared by default with the ShareWhere community. Information on how to change these default settings, if applicable, is available via your profile settings page.
The ShareWhere service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. For each of these features, the information available to friends and others, our default user settings, and how to alter the default settings, is available on your profile settings page. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider ShareWhere community, or may be published on the ShareWhere website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Inviting Friends to join ShareWhere
- Posting Comments on Events
- Creating Events
- Checking In at Venues
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of ShareWhere and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through ShareWhere's Service. In other situations, ShareWhere provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business, unless you have elected not to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process or through the account settings page.
- Business Transfers: If ShareWhere or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that ShareWhere goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of ShareWhere and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ShareWhere, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, event history and check-in history)
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. ShareWhere cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. For more information about cookies and how to refuse them, click here.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your ShareWhere account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
ShareWhere endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, ShareWhere cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
ShareWhere allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the ShareWhere website by visiting the user settings page (except usage information, which can be accessed in the "History" tab). This list will change as our Service changes.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your ShareWhere account, you may do so by clicking on the "delete account" link on your profile settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your check-in history, events you’ve created, your User Submissions (as defined in ShareWhere's Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site. Because of the way we maintain ShareWhere, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: info@ShareWhere.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.